Sunday 30 January 2011

Taking Spaceship Politics By Storm Once Again

Hi, Larkonis Trassler aka Adam Ridgway here to announce my candidacy for the sixth term of the Council of Stellar Management.



Who is Larkonis Trassler?


I have played Eve for five and a half years. In that time I've done pretty much all there is to do in Eve with the exception of Planetary Interaction. I have spent most of my Eve career in low-sec but I currently reside in 0.0 flying under the banner of Pandemic Legion for a change of pace. I can empathise with the problems that most players, whatever their background, struggle with day to day be it the terrible Sov system, corporate interface, Player Owned Structures, mining and my personal bugbear; the lack of solo and smallgang PVP incentivisation and opportunities.


Who is Adam Ridgway?


Outside of Eve I am 24 years old and live in the United Kingdom. By trade I am an Engineer working on a large chemical site. My job involves identifying problems and finding ways to fix them quickly and cheaply. When I'm not working, playing soldiers or playing Eve I enjoy a spot of hiking and mountaineering and long walks by the beach.


Why are you running for the CSM and why should I vote for you?


I enjoy Eve, I think that CCP have crafted a fantastic universe but I am constantly frustrated by lack of communication between the Devs and the players. From the start I viewed the CSM not as a vehicle for raising single issues or grievances (although it performs this job well) but as a conduit between the player base and the Devs in their Icelandic Puzzle Palace, in fact, improved communication was something I lobbied for consistently during CSM 3. Having served on the council before I'm well aware of the amount of work that one needs to put in and given the progress that CSM 5 has made the bar has been raised several notches since then. As beautiful a country as Iceland is I'm not in it for the free trips (the most expensive ones you'll ever make) and I'm quite happy with my current job, I'm not going to seek out the CCP HR department as soon as I walk through the door.


While there are multiple individual issues and topics I wish to address (and these will be covered soon) if I'm elected I will be happy if by the end of my term I can convince CCP to interact more directly, openly and honestly with the player base.


Hey! Aren't you that dick who broke an NDA and used insider information to his own benefit?


Yes, that was me and CCP in their wisdom (or lack thereof depending on your views) are allowing me to run again this term. What's to guarantee that it won't happen again? Absolutely nothing. My word will, to many of you, will be worth less than stock in BP but that's about all I can offer. What I did was inexcusable and, even for me, pretty stupid. But I've learned a lot since then and grown somewhat as a person. Given how seriously the CSM is being taken now I have no intention of risking my position (if I am elected) on pixels and dare I say that the in game and out of game consequences for me will be somewhat more harsh second time around if I'm found to have been naughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment